1) First things first how did you come to be?
I started writing when I was about 10 and just kept doing it from there. I realised I wanted to perform live and do this for the future when I was 15 and since then I’ve been writing and practising to try and make that idea become a reality.
2) What genre of music would you say you play?
Hmmm…..I’d call it Acoustic folk-pop maybe?
3) Which bands/artists do you take influences from?
Ben Howard (love him), Bon Iver, Damien Rice, Gabrielle Aplin, Of Monsters and Men, Paper Kites, people like them. Been really getting into 21 Pilots recently, love their music!
4) Best venue you’ve ever played and why?
Hmmm….there’s a few I can think of that were amazing but I’d probably say the Ernest for Evolution Emerging. An amazingly respectful audience who made performing an absolute joy.
5) Best gig you’ve ever attended?
Seeing Ed Sheeran a the O2 was pretty spectacular, then again I played at a gig in Durham in a barber shop and the headline act, Ditte Elly was incredible…I was close to tears.
6) A band or Artist you would most like to support and why?
I’d love to support Ben Howard I think, he’s just an incredible songwriter and performer and a huge inspiration.
7) A band that you would like to work with?
oooooh…21 pilots. That’d be super fun I think. Or Maybe Bon Iver, that’d be insane. Then again there are some great up and coming acts such as Lee Gordon, Heir, Luke Foster, Liam Jary e.t.c that I’d love to work with!
8) Top five albums you’ve ever heard?
Every Kingdom/I Forget Where we Were – Ben Howard
For Emma, Forever ago – Bon Iver
Vessel – 21 pilots
Tenacious D – Tenacious D
My Favourite Faded Fantasy – Damien Rice
9) Biggest accomplishment as a band/solo artist?
I’ll be playing at Boardmasters this year, can’t wait for that!
10) What’s next in the pipeline?
Lots of writing and gigging, the best place to keep up with everything is my website (www.sohamde.com) and Facebook page (sohamdemusic)
Thanks so much Soham for taking the time to answer these questions, looking forward to seeing you perform soon!
Editor of Words For Music. Love music and support each other.